Click on a calendar

B plaq teal STIERN B plaq teal LATE START CAPSB plaq teal HOLIDAYS


 Open Enrollment for Intradistrict Transfer Requests for 18-19 school year

What is an intradistrict transfer?

An intradistrict transfer is for students who live WITHIN Bakersfield City School District (BCSD) boundaries but want to attend another school in BCSD, not their school of residence.


Will transportation to and from the requested school be provided?

No. Parents will need to provide transportation to and from the requested school, upon approval.


Are there certain criteria that must be met to maintain an intradistrict transfer?

Yes. A student attending a school on an intradistrict transfer must maintain District attendance and behavior standards. additionally, students must be able to arrive to, and depart from, school on time.

How do I apply ?

During the Open Enrollment Window, parents may fill out an Intradistrict Request form at their student’s school site or at the BCSD District Office in the Student Services Department.


Do I have to reapply every year?

No. Once a student is approved for an intradistrict permit, he/she is approved through the highest grade at the requested school and must reapply only when changing schools.


How will I know if my transfer request has been approved or denied?

Once requests have been processed, you will receive a letter notifying you of the outcome of your request.


Whom may I contact if I have questions regarding intradistrict transfers?

Please contact Maria Terrazas in the Student Services Department @ (661)631-4729.

Espacio de matricula abrieto para Peticion de Transferncia dentro del distrito para el ano escolar 18-19

Que es una transferncia dentro del distrito?

La transferncia dentro del distrito es para estudiantes que viven dentro de los limites geograficos del distrito escolar de la ciudad de Bakersfield (BCSD, por sus siglas en ingles) pero que quieren asistir a otra escuela en el BCSD, no a la scuela de residencia.


Se proveera transportacion hacia y dedse la escuela solicitada?

No. Los padres necesitaran proveer la transportacion hacia y desde la exuela solicitada, despues de la aporbacion.


Existen algun criterios que se deben de cumplir para mantener el permiso de transferencia dentro del distrito?

Si. Un estudiante que asiste a una escuela con un permiso de transferencia dentro del distrito, debe cumplir con las normas de asistenica y conducta del distrito. Ademas, los estudiantes deberan de llegar y salir de la escuela a tiempo.


Como se solicita?

Durante las inscripciones abiertas, los padres pueden completar la forma de solicitud de tranferencia dentro del distrito en la escuela de sus estudiantes o en las oficinas del BCSD en el Departamento de Servicios Estudiantes.


Necesito volver a solicitarla cada ano?

No. Una vez que se ha aprobado un permiso dentro del distrito, el estudiante es aprobado hasta el grado mas alto en la escuela solicitada; y debera volver a solicitarlo solamente cuando cambie de ecuelas.


A quien debo contactar si tengo preguntas acerca de las transferencias dentro del distrito?

Contacte a Maria Terrazas en el Departamento de Servicios Estudiantes al (661)631-4729.




Nondiscrimination Policy

Bakersfield City School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identifications, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or the District’s Human Resource Administrator, at 661-631-4663, or at 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield, California 93305. A copy of BCSD’s Uniform Complaint Procedures and Non-Discrimination policies are available by clicking here and/or upon request.