1. Letter from Tom Torlakson regarding sampling plan for the spring 2014 Smarter Balanced field test.
2. Smarter Balanced Practice and Training Tests Site
3. New training modules from the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Field Test portal.
4. The California Online Field Test Administration Manual contains instructions on test administration procedures specifically for California LEA testing coordinators, test site coordinators, and test administrators.
5. Letter from California Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) providing information regarding the source for student data used to register for the Smarter Balanced Field Test.
6. The online Test Information Distribution Engine (TIDE) System allows authorized users at the LEA to manage students’ default test settings and accommodations. These must be enabled in TIDE by coordinator or designated staff member (not test administrator) prior to testing.
7. The Smarter Balanced Usability, Accessibility, and Accommodations Guidelines is a guide for LEAs to help them provide equal access for all students participating in the Smarter Balanced Field Test.
8. A new matrix that identifies and describes the universal tools, designated supports, and accommodations available for the CAASPP assessments.
9. The CAASPP Accessibility Support Request Form is now available for local educational agency CAASPP coordinators to submit to the CDE when they determine that a student needs to use a support that he or she regularly uses in the classroom but that is not listed on the matrix.
10. LEA and Test Site Coordinator Manual for the Spring 2014 Administration.
11. Redesigned CDE Web Page for the Smarter Balanced Field Test.
13. The CDE has developed a template for a Smarter Balanced Field Test parent information letter to aid LEAs in communicating with parents and guardians regarding the upcoming Smarter Balanced Field Test.The letter is available in English and in Spanish.
14. Archived Webcasts, including the California Smarter Balanced Field Test Workshop
15. The Field Test Flash is a new outreach tool designed to deliver up-to-the-minute information about the Field Test.
16. This portal provides access to numerous Field Test resources, user guides, and manuals, such as the California Online Field Test Administration Manual and California TIDE Manual.
17. Sample items for the field test