4404 Pioneer Dr Bakersfield 93306 (661) 631-5450
Mission Statement and School Beliefs
Pioneer Drive School will be a Model of Excellence and a Source of Pride for our Community.
- Student learning is the chief priority for our school.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students and staff to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, cultural and intellectual needs.
- Parents, students and staff share the responsibility for student learning.
- Parent involvement is crucial to the academic success of our students.
- Schools need to function as a learning organization and promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- Positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students, parents, community and staff enhance a student’s self-esteem and academic potential.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 661-631-5450 or by email at Hickst@bcsd.com.
Traci Hicks, Principal
Bakersfield City School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identifications, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or the District’s Human Resource Administrator, at 661-631-4663, or at 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield, California 93305. A copy of BCSD’s Uniform Complaint Procedures and Non-Discrimination policies are available by clicking here and/or upon request.