Parent Involvement Information
Walking Wednesdays! – Join us every Wednesday Morning walking around the track to help our families get fit and stay healthy.
Family Involvement Nights
- Set a regular time for homework each day.
- Choose a quiet place to work with plenty of light.
- Have the supplies your child needs.
- Help your child to be organized.
- Review assignment instructions.
Williams Act – Information on the landmark Superior Court case to provide all students equal access to instructional materials, safe schools, and quality teachers.
Three ways to be supportive of your child:
- Have a weekly family game night. Take turns choosing games to play.
- Spend one hour a week with each child alone. Take a walk, listen to music, or just hang out.
- Find out one area where your child is struggling. Listen to your child’s concerns. Help your child think of ways to address the issue.
Bakersfield City School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identifications, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or the District’s Human Resource Administrator, at 661-631-4663, or at 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield, California 93305. A copy of BCSD’s Uniform Complaint Procedures and Non-Discrimination policies are available by clicking here and/or upon request.