The Frank West School staff is committed to providing a quality education that will develop the skills of all students in a safe environment.
An emphasis is placed on respect for one’s self and each other.
We will meet the needs of all students as Frank West School strives for excellence.
- Students will learn to read in first grade.
- Students will leave fifth grade prepared for Middle School.
- Students will be instructed in a nurturing,caring, and safe environment.
- Students will achieve success at grade level.
- Students will have positive self-esteem.
- Students will be immersed in successful activities to promote reading achievement.
- Students will achieve success through the use of modern technology.
- Students will be inspired to continue life-long learning.
- Parents will be a vital part of the school community.
- The community will be involved in every facet of the school program
Class start and dismissal times:
Kindergarten – Start 8:30am – Dismiss 1:10pm
Grades 1-3 – Start 8:30am – Dismiss 2:28pm
Grades 4-5 – Start 8:30am – Dismiss 2:33pm
The School Accountability Report Card is available on the Internet. To access, simply go to the Bakersfield City School District website, bcsd.com and click on the “SARC Reports” link on the left of the screen, then click on the school link. If you do not have access to the Internet and would like a copy of this report, please notify the school office and a copy will be provided for you.
Message from the Office:
If your child will be absent, please notify the school. There is a 24-hour a day, seven-day-a-week phone number for your convenience.