‘Playgrounds should be rich environments where children can stretch their physical, emotional, social, and intellectual skills’
– Hudson, Thompson & Mack
- Get a drink and use the bathroom before you start playing.
- Walk to the white line when leaving classroom, and when the Bell rings, walk after reaching the yellow line.
- Line up for a turn on swings at concrete border. Do not play in or throw wood chips. Absolutely, no swinging high, jumping out of swing or laying back in swing.
- Slide down slide on bottom only, never on stomach.
- Climb up play structure ladders not up slides.
- Walk around play structure, not under it.
- Run with friends in grassy areas (not underneath equipment), but do not play tag.
- Play with soccer balls inside track grass area, not by swings and play structure.
- Line up quickly and quietly as soon as the bell rings.
- On basketball courts, play with 1 or 2 balls per hoop, but don’t play knockout.
- Play with jump ropes out by track area.
- No drinks or bathroom after the bell rings.
- No footballs on the yard, unless during P.E. time or supervised by a teacher.
- Paper airplanes are not allowed on the playground.
- Students are expected to obey the Cafeteria Playground Supervisors (CPS) immediately and politely. If they fail to do so, they may be 1) warned; 2) given time; or 3) given a referral.