The following is reclassification criteria for 1st and 2nd grade students. Please contact Erick Casallas at x14769 before reclassifying students in the 1st or 2nd grade.
Reclassification Criteria (per Ed. Code 313[d]):
- Performance in Basic Grade-Level Skills (latest California Standards Test Results in English Language Arts)
- Proficient or Advanced on the latest district Language Arts summative assessment.
- Assessment of English Language Proficiency (annual CELDT scores)
- Overall score of 4 (Early Advanced) or 5 (Advanced) and scores of 3 or higher in all domains: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Teacher Evaluation (progress reports/report card)
- 1st – 2nd grades: Score of 3 or above in English Language Arts
- Parent Consultation and Notification