Please refer to following forms and procedures regarding English learners and Reclassified Students.
PRIMARY LANGUAGE SURVEY (PLS)
|Initial Notification Letter
(Store Stock # 30-0-253)
|Initial Notification Letter – Spanish|
|Follow-Up Notification Letter
(Store Stock # 30-0-313)
|Follow-Up Notification Letter – Spanish|
Initial Notification Letter
- Schools are required to immediately provide parents this document when the PLS (Primary Language Survey) indicates a language other than English was answered on any of the first three questions. This letter informs parents that their child’s English language proficiency will be assessed (within 30 calendar days of enrollment).
- Initial CELDT assessment are hand scored by the school site (Official scores are to be placed immediately within the Student cum).
- If student is found to have an English Language deficiency, the student’s primary language proficiency will be assessed as well (within 90 days of enrollment)
Follow-Up Notification Letter
- Schools provide parents this document which informs them of their child’s assessment results as well as their program placement and program options. (No later than 30 calendar days after the beginning of the school year or within two weeks of a child being placed in a program during the school year)
Program Placement and Options
- Schools place students correctly into an Sheltered English Immersion classroom (for L1, L2, and up to mid L3 students) or an English Language Mainstream classroom (for mid and above L3, L4 and L5 students) This topic will be addressed throughout school year in District held Secretary/Categorical Management Meetings.
- Schools offer Available Program Options to parents
- Provide the Program Options Brochure
|Waiver Log **Please Note: a copy of this form must be submitted to the ELL office on a QUARTERLY basis**|
|Parental Exception Waiver
(Store Stock # 30-0-255)
|Parental Exception Waiver – Spanish|
|Dual Immersion Waiver
(Store Stock # 30-0-306)
|Dual Immersion Waiver – Spanish|
- Schools provide the following Waivers to parents upon request:
- Parental Exception Waiver (Must be filled out on an annual basis)
- Dual Immersion Parental Exception Waiver (Must be filled out on an annual basis)
Waiver/Waiting List Log
- Schools need to maintain and update the waiver waiting list log and inform parents requesting a waiver on the status of the log.
English Language Learner Reclassification Form (Store Stock # 30-0-228)
Invitation to Reclassification Meeting (Store Stock #: 30-0-260)
Announcement of Reclassification (Store Stock #: 30-0-262)
Online RFEP Monitoring Tool
Title III Sample Notification Letter
- All local educational agencies (LEAs) that are recipients of Title III funds are required, pursuant to Section 3302, to notify annually the parents or guardians of each limited-English proficient (LEP) student enrolled in a language education program. The notification must take place (1) no later than 30 calendar days after the beginning of the school term or (2) for pupils who enroll mid-term, within two weeks of being placed in a program. Title III notification elements may be integrated with state-required parental notification procedures to reduce the number of communications sent to parents. Click here to view a sample notification letter that was mailed out on September 15, 2016.