Our Leadership Academy is for current 6th through 8th Graders. All students in these grade levels are invited to participate. Our goal of Leadership Academy is to develop leadership readiness in our students for our school and community.
Leadership Academy Learning Objectives:
- Work collaboratively with others toward a common goal.
- Demonstrate effective social interaction skills appropriate to the occasion, task, and audience.
- Influence others ethically toward achievement of a common goal to effect positive change.
- Demonstrate accountability for one’s decisions and actions.
Requirements to Participate in Leadership Academy:
- Attend/Host monthly workshop
- Have at least one assigned school job and turn in monthly signed work name tag.
- Complete five hours of community service for the school year.
- No office discipline referrals
- Maintain at least 2.0 G.P.A.
- Advisor and/or admin have the right to revoke privileges of participating in the Leadership Academy.
Benefits of joining Leadership Academy:
- If student leader completes the above requirements they will be invited to the annual Leaders in Life conference held in March at the Rabobank Arena.
- We will participate in community outreach opportunities to strengthen the student leaders ability to serve their community and fellow man.
- At the end of the year student leaders will participate in the end of the year leader celebration/field trip.
- Students will receive a shirt.
- Two of our Downtown student leaders will have the opportunity to collaborate with other middle school and high school students to help create the Leaders in Life conference in March.