What’s Happening at Downtown School!
- Late Start dates for the 2017-2018 school year are as follows January 18th, February 15th, March 15th, and April 12th. Campus opens at 9:50 a.m. and school starts at 10:22 a.m.
- Mrs. Barthelmes, our school principal, and Mrs. Klassen, our school FACE liaison, will be hosting at FACE Time once a month. They want to hear your ideas, comments, and suggestion. Please join them in the Cafeteria @ 9:00 on January 12th. Refreshments will be served.
- January 12th Flag Raising 4th Grade Performs
- January 15th School Closed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 19th SSC Meeting
- January 19th Report Cards Go Home
- January 25th K-5 Quarterly Awards (5-6 8:30, 3-4 9:10, K-2 10:15)
- January 26th 7th and 8th Semester Awards 8:30
- January 27th 4th-8th County Oral Language
- February 6th Henry Greve Speech Contest
- February 5th -16th Open Enrollment
- Every Wednesday is a bank day school will start at 9:02 a.m. Every other day school begins at 8:22 a.m.
Bakersfield City School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identifications, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or the District’s Human Resource Administrator, at 661-631-4663, or at 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield, California 93305. A copy of BCSD’s Uniform Complaint Procedures and Non-Discrimination policies are available by clicking here and/or upon request.