James Curran Middle School Site Council carries out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement from all school advisory committees
- They use the results of the school’s needs assessment to determine plan actions and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations, review student test scores, attendance, etc.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers and other school staff members
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises
- Submit the modified plan for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures
- Annually and at each trimester evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students
- Carry out all duties assigned to the council by the district governing board and by state law
Our School Site Council Composition is composed of a minimum of 12 members (including the Principal) elected by their peers.