The CACC Mission is “to provide California schools and students with a quality educational and leadership development program that prepares students for success in college and the work force.”
The Goals of the CACC are outlined in the tenets of the Cadet Code (spelling out the mnemonic device LEADERSHIP) which encourage:
- Loyalty – To self, others, and civic and government institutions.
- Education – The success of all cadets in academic endeavors, including staying in school and pursuing higher education.
- Ambition – Striving for excellence and lofty goals.
- Duty – Lifelong habits of responsible behavior, excellent attendance, and punctuality.
- Enthusiasm – A zest for life’s challenges.
- Respect – cooperation with school and public policies, regulations, and laws and respect for the dignity of all persons as well as an appreciation for the rich heritage of America and California.
- Service – To others, our state, our nation, and world.
- Health – Fitness and wellness, including avoidance of gangs, illegal drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Integrity – Positive choices by cadets with regards to private and public behavior.
- Personal courage – Say no to that which is wrong and stand up for what is right.
The six CACC Objectives are to:
- Develop LEADERSHIP.
- Engender CITIZENSHIP.
- Encourage PATRIOTISM.
- Foster ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE.
- Teach BASIC MILITARY KNOWLEDGE.
- Promote HEALTH, FITNESS, AND WELLNESS.
The California Military Department has published an extensive curriculum that includes such topics as:
- Leadership theory, management, and practical application of leadership theory
- Basic Military Drill
- First Aid/CPR
- Map and Compass Reading and Orienteering
- Patriotic activities
- Study skills, test-taking skills, and note-taking skills
- Conflict mediation and anger management
- Physical fitness and wellness
- Individual, dual, and team sports
- Health education
- Academic vocabulary
- Reading and writing strategies
- and much more