James Curran Middle School
Home of the Crusaders
Jason P. Brannen, Principal
Please see our new lunch schedules under our “Crusader Parent Information” tab!
Our Curran Crusader motto for the year is- It’s a Magical Year!
Our Crusader Goals for this year:
1. 80% correct on each assessment this year
2. 4 to 1 Positive Interaction Ratio
3. 96% Attendance Rate (no more than 7 absences for the year)
4. Professional Learning Communities collaborating with weekly TEAM meetings during our Wednesday, Bank Day Schedule
Upcoming events for the 2015- 2016 School Year:
Each Wednesday, beginning on August 19th, our district will be implementing a “Bank Day” each Wednesday. Our students will be dismissed at 1:26 pm, instead of our normal dismissal time of 2:00 pm.
- The first day of school is on August 19th. Breakfast will begin at 7:00 am and school will begin at approximately 7:30 am 6th Grade Orientation will be held on August 10th beginning at 5:30 pm in the Cafeteria
- No School on September 7th to celebrate Labor Day
- Back to School Night Carnival will be held on Thursday, September 17th from 6:00- 8:00 pm
- ELA/Math 1st Benchmarks/Performance Tasks will occur during the weeks of October 5-16
- Library visits every other week by English classes will begin Sept. 8th- students please remember to fill out your Library Contract and return it to your teacher
- Perfect Attendance Incentives:
- September 30- Early out on the yard with music
- October 30- Wear a costume to school for Halloween