James Curran Middle School
Home of the Crusaders
Jason P. Brannen, Principal
Please see our new lunch schedules under our “Crusader Parent Information” tab!
Our Curran Crusader motto for the year is TEAM AWESOME!
We may not be perfect, but we are always be awesome!
Our Crusader Goals for this year:
1. 80% correct on each assessment this year
2. 4 to 1 Positive Interaction Ratio
3. 96% Attendance Rate (no more than 7 absences for the year)
4. Professional Learning Communities collaborating with weekly TEAM meetings during our Wednesday, Bank Day Schedule
Upcoming events for the 2014- 2015 School Year:
Each Wednesday, beginning in January our school will be implementing a “Bank Day” each Wednesday. Our students will be dismissed at 1:26 pm, instead of our normal dismissal time of 2:00 pm.
- Attendance Testing Incentive April 20- May 15 (Perfect Attendance Rate= Party Week Fun Activities!)
- April 21-22 CST Testing: All 8th Graders Science Only
- April 27- May 6- SBAC State Testing in ELA and Math classes
- April 20 and 21- BHS Registration for incoming Freshmen
- April 22- West High School Carnival for Incoming Freshmen
- April 27- May 8- State Testing Window for the SBAC Test, All Grade Levels
- May 5- Cinco de May Observance
- May 11-15- iReady Diagnostic Week for Spring
- May 13- Day of the Teacher Observance
- May 18- 22- “Party Week” for Attendance/iReady Goals and Classified School Employee Week Observance
- May 25- Memorial Day- No School
- May 28- Last Day of School & 8th Grade Graduation (Begins at 8:30 am)
- June 4- Last day the School Office is Open