James Curran Middle School
Home of the Crusaders
Jason P. Brannen, Principal
A big Crusader shout out to our California Cadet Corps, first year cadet, Hunter Hawkins! He took first place in the First Year Cadet Individual Drill Competition. Cadet Hawkins was one of nine cadets from JCMS and one of 30 cadets from the 3rd Brigade who were involved in the event. This event was held in Porterville and we were entered into the event by our very own Warrant Officer II Hicks, who is our teacher for California Cadet Corps.
Our Curran Crusader motto for the year is TEAM AWESOME!
We may not be perfect, but we can always be awesome!
Our Crusader Goals for this year:
1. 80% correct on each assessment this year
2. 4 to 1 Positive Interaction Ratio
3. 96% Attendance Rate (no more than 7 absences for the year)
4. Professional Learning Community continued work with weekly TEAM meetings
Upcoming events for the 2014- 2015 School Year:
- JCMS Color Day is every Friday- wear black and gold to show your Crusader pride!
- Sept. 15-Oct. 30 CELDT Testing in all English Language Development Classes
- Sept. 15- Oct. 15 National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Oct. 17- End of the 1st Grading Quarter
- Oct. 23- Late Start Collaboration Day Today- School begins 2 hrs. later today
- Oct. 27-Oct. 31- Parent Conference Week (First Progress Report) and Early Dismissal Week
- Oct. 31- Halloween and PBIS Dress Up Day! (Each grade level that has made our school goal of 96% attendance rate)
- Nov. 11- Veteran’s Day Holiday- No School
- Nov. 27- 28 Thanksgiving Vacation- No School
- Dec. 4- Late Start Collaboration Day Today- School begins 2 hrs. later today
- Dec. 19- End of the 2nd Grading Quarter
- Dec. 22- Jan. 2- Winter Break
- Jan. 5- School Starts for 2015
- Jan. 8- Late Start Collaboration Day Today- School begins 2 hrs. later today