James Curran Middle School
Home of the Crusaders
Jason P. Brannen, Principal
James Curran Middle School received the BCSD, “The Oscar Award” for the Cleanest Campus in our district for the month of September. Crusader TEAM Awesome is on the move and we are all very proud to be working together to ensure that our students and our staff have the cleanest environment to learn and work in.
Our Curran Crusader motto for the year is TEAM AWESOME!
We may not be perfect, but we are always be awesome!
Our Crusader Goals for this year:
1. 80% correct on each assessment this year
2. 4 to 1 Positive Interaction Ratio
3. 96% Attendance Rate (no more than 7 absences for the year)
4. Professional Learning Communities collaborating with weekly TEAM meetings
Upcoming events for the 2014- 2015 School Year:
- JCMS Color Day is every Friday- wear black and gold to show your Crusader pride!
- Sept. 15-Oct. 30 CELDT Testing in all English Language Development Classes
- Sept. 15- Oct. 15 National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Oct. 17- End of the 1st Grading Quarter
- Oct. 23- Late Start Collaboration Day Today- School begins 2 hrs. later today
- Oct. 27-Oct. 31- Parent Conference Week (First Progress Report) and Early Dismissal Week
- Oct. 31- Halloween and PBIS Dress Up Day! (Each grade level that has made our school goal of 96% attendance rate)
- Nov. 11- Veteran’s Day Holiday- No School
- Nov. 27- 28 Thanksgiving Vacation- No School
- Dec. 4- Late Start Collaboration Day Today- School begins 2 hrs. later today
- Dec. 19- End of the 2nd Grading Quarter
- Dec. 22- Jan. 2- Winter Break
- Jan. 5- School Starts for 2015
- Jan. 8- Late Start Collaboration Day Today- School begins 2 hrs. later today