The BCSD Education Foundation is a charitable, non-profit organization with the following mission:
Partner with the community to provide resources that directly impact the lives of children through innovative educational programs.
Every dollar raised goes directly back to the students in the classroom. You can support these innovative grants through the following:
Foundation Sponsored Events and Activities
Several grant opportunities are available to BCSD teachers through the Education Foundation. The grants offered are annual Student Achievement Grants, Semi-Annual Mini-Grants, along with monthly Polly Robertson Memorial Reading Incentives and Chess Grants.
- Click here for an overview and to learn more about Grants available through the BCSD Education Foundation
- Click here for the BCSD Education Foundation General Grant Guidelines and Applications
- Click here for the BCSD Education Foundation Scoring/Evaluation Rubric
- Click here to access the grant summary form for all awarded grants.
- BCSD Education Foundation Check Request
- Grant Summary Form
- English Photo Release Form
- Spanish Photo Release Form
Give Big Kern
The Bakersfield City School District Education Foundation is pleased to participate in this year’s Give Big Kern campaign. Visit the link below for more information. https://www.givebigkern.org/organizations/bakersfield-city-school-district-education-foundation
There are a variety of grant opportunities for educators varying from $500 and up. Each month this website is updated with new links and information. Click Here to See Upcoming Grant Opportunities.
For All Competitive Grants Over $10,000 and that will require the BCSD Superintendent’s Signature, please contact Fiscal Services for assistance at x14698. Please click here to visit Fiscal Services site for Non-Foundation Grant Forms.