Minimum Day – Friday 12/23/16 – Dismissal 1:00 pm
Winter Vacations – 12/26/16 to 1/9/17 – No School
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Starting next week December 12th through December 23rd, students may wear holiday hats to school. The only exception is: No bells, no blinking lights and if your classroom teacher asks that you remove them during class you are to do so. Hats will be taken if rules are not followed and parents will need to pick up the items.
Boys & Girls Basketball and Soccer games are Monday 12/12/16 at Chipman against Washington between 2:45-3:45 pm, (or when all referees arrive). You may attend a sports game here at Chipman if….
- You attend with your parents. (Students are NOT allowed on another school campus without parent supervision).
- You have a 4.0 card.
- You have at least a 3.0. GPA – requirements will be checked at the gate prior to you entering the field to watch the game.
- Friday Games – No After school Bus for students staying to support our teams. All students must follow above instructions and have prior arrangements for transportation home after the game.
4.0 Pizza Party for 8th grade Friday 12/9/16. Students are to report to the library during your lunch hour.
Don’t forget about our Toy Drive for Jamison Center. These kids are not able to be with families for the holidays so we are hoping to help cheer them up. Your advisory class will hold your donations which can be new toys, used toys (that are in good shape), or even books. All donations will need to be turned in by Friday, December 9th. Let’s show the kids at the Jamison Center how great Chipman Jr. High is!!
Interested in becoming a part of Chipman’s History Day Team? For information, visit the website https://kern.org/cia/2013/12/history-day/
The deadline for students is Friday January 27, 2017.
Honor Flight Update!! Our new total is now $410.31. We will still be accepting donations until December 7th!!!!!!!
Book Fair will be December 12th through December 16th in the library. Book Fair will be open 7:20 to 3:00 pm Monday to Thursday and on Friday from 7:20 to 1:00 pm.
ATTENTION 8TH GRADE STUDENTS ONLY 14 BABY PHOTOS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT IN FOR THE YEARBOOK. LAST YEAR WE HAD OVER 6 PAGES OF PHOTOS. So let’s bring those photos in, all information is below!!!
Attention 8th Grade Students: We want to see your BABY Photo in this year’s Chipman Yearbook. Bring a baby picture (no larger than 4×6) and $5 CASH ONLY and turn into our Yearbook Committee during your lunch hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Make sure you pick up this information from your 6th period class.)
8th Grade Students: Your parents can also purchase a 40 word “Good Job” – “I’m Proud of You” – “Congratulations Graduate” insert, to be placed in the yearbook for an additional $5 CASH ONLY. You can also turn this into our Yearbook Committee during your lunch hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Or if your parent wants to surprise you, they can come by the school office. (Make sure you pick up this information from your 6th period class.)
Early Bird Sale!! Pre-Purchase Your Yearbook NOW for $25! Yearbooks are hard cover and all in color. You can also add your picture and name on the cover for an additional $5. You can pre-purchase your yearbook on-line at ybpay.lifetouch.com with ID code (12679917) or you can purchase at school during your lunch hour, CASH ONLY! Early Bird Special will only last until the end of December. Beginning in January 2017 the price of the yearbook will be $35. So, BUY your YEARBOOK NOW!!
The next incentive trip will be in February following our next Benchmark testing window. The incentive window began yesterday, the 28th and will go through February 2rd. Following are the ways that you can increase your chances to win a seat on the bus for the incentive trip:
- Good Attendance (No more than two absences or lates to 1st period between November 28th and February 3rd.
- Getting to class or in line before the late bell rings
- Improving or passing your benchmark scores
- Being a good citizen in each or your classes and on the yard. This means following the rules in class or out of class, participating, staying on task, and definitely not having to be sent out of class for disruptive behavior.