Every Wednesday – Early Out – Dismissal 1:25 – No After School Bus
Minimum Day – Friday 12/23/16 – Dismissal 1:00 pm
Winter Vacations – 12/26/16 to 1/6/17 – No School
Congratulations to the girls cross country team who placed 2nd overall in the meet on Saturday. Also, congratulations to Chloe Garcia, Caitlyn Brewster, and Jacob Yagers who placed individually at the meet.
Next Week is Holiday Spirit Week!!
Each Advisory will be in competition to see who has the best Holiday Spirit:
Tuesday 12/20 – Holiday Hats
Wednesday 10/21 – Ugliest Holiday Sweater – (ask your parents for their ugliest holiday sweater)
Thursday 10/22 – Holiday Socks
Friday 10/23 – Dress Up as your Favorite Holiday Character
Remind your teachers to keep track of how many students participate each day. May the Best Holiday Spirt Advisory Win!!!
Next Away Boys & Girls Basketball and Soccer games are on 12/22/16 against Stiern between 2:45-3:45 pm, (or when all referees arrive). You may attend a sports game here at Chipman if….
- You attend with your parents. (Students are NOT allowed on another school campus without parent supervision).
- You have a 4.0 card.
- You have at least a 3.0. GPA – requirements will be checked at the gate prior to you entering the field to watch the game.
- Friday Games – No Afterschool Bus for students staying to support our teams. All students must follow above instructions and have prior arrangements for transportation home after the game.
ATTENTION 8TH GRADE STUDENTS ONLY 14 BABY PHOTOS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT IN FOR THE YEARBOOK. LAST YEAR WE HAD OVER 6 PAGES OF PHOTOS. So let’s bring those photos in, all information is below!!!
Extended to 12/23/16 – Attention 8th Grade Students: We want to see your BABY Photo in this year’s Chipman Yearbook. Bring a baby picture (no larger than 4×6) and $5 CASH ONLY and turn into our Yearbook Committee during your lunch hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Extended to 12/23/16 – 8th Grade Students: Your parents can also purchase a 40 word “Good Job” – “I’m Proud of You” – “Congratulations Graduate” insert, to be placed in the yearbook for an additional $5 CASH ONLY. You can also turn this into our Yearbook Committee during your lunch hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Or if your parent wants to surprise you, they can come by the school office
Absolutely the LAST CHANCE to buy your Yearbook for $25! Beginning in January 2017 the price of the yearbook will be $35. Yearbooks are hard cover and all in color. You can also add your picture and name on the cover for an additional $5. You can pre-purchase your yearbook on-line at ybpay.lifetouch.com with ID code (12679917) or you can purchase at school during your lunch hour, CASH ONLY! Early Bird Special will only last until the end of December. So, BUY your YEARBOOK NOW!!
The next incentive trip will be in February following our next Benchmark testing window. The incentive window began yesterday, the 28th and will go through February 2rd. Following are the ways that you can increase your chances to win a seat on the bus for the incentive trip:
- Good Attendance (No more than two absences or lates to 1st period between November 28th and February 3rd.
- Getting to class or in line before the late bell rings
- Improving or passing your benchmark scores
- Being a good citizen in each or your classes and on the yard. This means following the rules in class or out of class, participating, staying on task, and definitely not having to be sent out of class for disruptive behavior.
Karaoke Singers during lunch Mondays and Thursday room 310. (Heasley)
100 mile club meets every morning on the track. Come and join us every morning on the track. Stay fit! (Rojas)
Art Club starting Mondays and Wednesdays during lunch in room 230. (Lee)
Battle of the Books will now only meet on Thursdays in the library until closer to the competition.
Come play chess on Wednesdays and Fridays at lunch in room 460. (Eyres)
The Anime and Manga Social Group will be meeting in room 220 at lunch every Tuesday and Thursday. Come join the fun! (Gunderson)
Robotics Team meeting Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 2-3 pm in room 130 (Venegas)