Every Wednesday – Early Out – Dismissal 1:25 – No After School Bus
The next incentive trip will begin next Monday, March 13th and run through the SBAC testing window. This incentive trip will be to the Museum of Tolerance, and we will get to hear a survivor of the Holocaust tell their story. We will be taking 82 students on this trip so make sure that you are here every day, so that you will have the best chance of getting to go to this amazing museum. Following are the ways that you can increase your chances to win a seat on the bus for the incentive trip:
- Good Attendance (No more than two absences or lates to 1st period between March 13th and May 19th.
- Getting to class or in line before the late bell rings
- Improving or passing your benchmark scores
- Being a good citizen in each or your classes and on the yard. This means following the rules in class or out of class, participating, staying on task, and definitely not having to be sent out of class for disruptive behavior.
Next Away Boys & Girls Softball games are on 3/30/17 against Stiern between 2:45-3:45 pm, (or when all referees arrive). You may attend a sports game here at Chipman if….
- You attend with your parents. (Students are NOT allowed on another school campus without parent supervision).
- You have a 4.0 card.
- You have at least a 3.0. GPA – requirements will be checked at the gate prior to you entering the field to watch the game.
- Friday Games – No Afterschool Bus for students staying to support our teams. All students must follow above instructions and have prior arrangements for transportation home after the game.
Yearbooks can be pre purchased for $35. Yearbooks are hard cover and in color. You can also add your picture and name on the cover for an additional $5. You can pre-purchase your yearbook on-line at ybpay.lifetouch.com with ID code (12679917) or you can purchase at school during your lunch hour, CASH ONLY! March 31, 2017 will be the last day to purchase yearbooks on-line (this will also be the last day to add your name and picture on the cover for an additional $5). After March 31st if there are still yearbooks available, they will be sold on a first come, first served basis for $40 cash only.
8th Grade Students attending Highland High School in the Fall: Scotsmen Preview Night Thursday, April 6, 2017 Highland Gym. Pick up Registration packet. April 25 & 26, 2017 Freshman Pre-Registration in Highland Cafeteria.
8th Grade students attending Mira Monte High School Open House Thursday, March 30, 2017 in the Gym from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. Registration will be April 3 & 4, 2017 in the cafeteria 4:00 to 7:00 pm.
Math Field Day practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-3 and Wednesdays at lunch in Room #620.
Science Group on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school to the announcements. ALL Science Fair participants need to come to Science Group after school at 2:05 on either Tuesday (room 230) or Thursday (room 260) of this week to check in with Mrs. Lee or Mrs. Bogursky.
Math counts will be held in room #650 on Monday from 2-3 and on Wednesday and Fridays at lunchtime. Mr. Wittman will be the math counts coach.
Karaoke Singers during lunch Mondays and Thursday room 310. (Heasley)
100mile club meets every morning on the track. Come and join us every morning on the track. Stay fit! (Rojas)
Art Club starting Mondays and Wednesdays during lunch in room 230. (Lee)
Come play chess on Wednesdays and Fridays at lunch in room 460. (Eyres)
The Anime and Manga Social Group will be meeting in room 930 at lunch every Tuesday and Thursday. Come join the fun! (Garza)
Robotics Team meeting Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 2-3 pm in room 130 (Venegas)
Math tutoring in room 240 Tuesdays and Thursdays after school and Wednesdays at lunch. (Johns)