June 7, 2017 – The Bakersfield City School District (BCSD) invites interested community members to submit their application for consideration in filling a vacancy on the BCSD Board of Trustees in Area Three. The Board is seeking candidates who demonstrate leadership, understand and appreciate the culturally diverse community the District serves, support public education in our community; and demonstrate ability to work as a team member.
Eligibility (pursuant to Education Code 35107):
• Registered voter 18 years of age or older
• Citizen of California and reside within BCSD Area Three (available at www.BCSD.com)
• Not disqualified by the Constitution or State law from holding office
• Not an employee of the District (District employees cannot serve and maintain employment)
Necessary Materials for Application:
• Letter of Interest
• Completed Candidate Information Sheet
• Resume of qualifications
• Three letters of endorsement
Applications must be submitted to BCSD Board of Trustees, 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield CA 93305, by
5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
Interested applicants should attend an orientation on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at the BCSD
Education Center, 1300 Baker Street.
The Board will interview candidates and may select appointee at a special Board meeting on Thursday,
July 20, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
For more information call 631-4611. Interested applicants should not contact Board of Education members.