January 13, 2017 – The Bakersfield City School District (BCSD) invites interested community members to submit their application for consideration in filling a vacancy on the BCSD Board of Trustees in Area Four. The Board is seeking candidates who demonstrate leadership, understand and appreciate the culturally diverse community the District serves, support public education in our community; and demonstrate ability to work as a team member.
Eligibility (pursuant to Education Code 35107):
• Registered voter 18 years of age or older
• Citizen of California and reside within BCSD Area Four (available at www.BCSD.com)
• Not disqualified by the Constitution or State law from holding office
• Not an employee of the District (District employees cannot serve and maintain employment)
Necessary Materials for Application:
• Letter of Interest
• Completed Candidate Information Sheet (available at www.BCSD.com)
• Resume of qualifications
• Three letters of endorsement
Interested applicants should attend an orientation on Monday, January 30, 2017, 6:00 p.m. at the BCSD Education Center, 1300 Baker Street.
Applications must be submitted to BCSD Board of Trustees, 1300 Baker Street, Bakersfield CA 93305, by
4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
Board interviews candidates and may select appointee at a special Board meeting on Monday, February 6, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
For more information call 631-4611 or visit www.BCSD.com and click on the Board Vacancy
information. Interested applicants should not contact Board of Education members.