Requirement for Mainstreaming
Student must be on STAR Day 15 or higher to discuss mainstreaming. No incidents of Elopement, self-injury, or assaultive behaviors within 35 days of discussing mainstreaming.
- Teacher will inform Program Manager when student has reached day 1 of STAR in order to begin discussing the process.
- Program Manager or Teacher will discuss mainstreaming options with parent and student, BH therapist will be contacted to discuss if student is emotionally ready to begin the process.
- Program Manager will communicate with the receiving school site administration, Program Manager, School Psychologist, and Teacher before beginning the process
Extenuating Circumstances – parent removes student from the SEAL program and declines Special Ed. Services. IEP will be held documenting parent request and will include team members from the receiving school (site admin., School Psych). Student will no longer receive supports from Behavioral Health department or Special Education Dept.
- Student may be on STAR however student may have significant MH needs or anxiety issues that preclude them from mainstreaming onto a comprehensive campus.
IEP (amendment)- is held to discuss mainstreaming and begin the process. Amendment should include the following paperwork: review current goals and Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Team members to be included in the invitation process: Current and receiving Program Manager if student is changing programs, receiving principal, School Psychologist, receiving teacher. current teacher, BH therapist, (outside Mental Halth agency, KRC, SW – when requested by parent)
- Student will begin mainstreaming for 1-3 hours during the first week to 2 weeks with a BMA or Case Manager
- Current district BH therapist will meet with the student within the first 2 days on the new campus to discuss progress.
- At the beginning of the 3rd week (unless otherwise specified) the BMA will be faded out and the student will begin mainstreaming to the receiving program on their own.
- SEAL teacher will maintain contact with receiving teacher and site principal when SEAL staff is faded out.
- IEP will be held at the conclusion of the 3rd week of mainstreaming to discuss full transition. IEP should include a FULL IEP with all pages and Behavior Intervention Plan. All previous team members will be invited.
- Parent will register student at the new campus
- Special Ed. Program Manager will submit placement paperwork.
- Current district BH therapist or Case Manger will meet with the student within the first 2 days on the new campus to discuss progress.
- Students daily point sheet will follow the student to the new program.
- SEAL/EAR teacher will monitor points to ensure the student maintains points and level that designates them appropriate to mainstream.
- District BH therapist or CM will continue meeting with the student throughout and after the full transition. Student maybe transitioned to a new therapist once the student is completely mainstreamed.
- In the event that the student does not maintain at least Soaring status or has an incident that drops them to coasting or below, mainstreaming will cease and student will be returned to SEAL/EAR.