BCSD’s School Readiness Initiative (SRI), funded by First 5 Kern, is designed to implement programs that improve the transition from early care settings to elementary school and increase the schools’ and communities’ capacity to promote the success of young children.
The School Readiness Initiative engages:
- community members
The School Readiness Initiative focuses on:
- children ages birth to age five
- preparing these children for elementary school in four aspects:
- children’s readiness for school
- schools’ readiness for children
- family and community supports
- services that contribute to childrenís readiness for school success
The School Readiness Initiative Provides:
- Center-based School Readiness activities
- Kindergarten Summer Bridging Program
- Parent Education on a variety of topics that impact school readiness and performance
- Family and Community Resource Centers: East Bakersfield Community Resource Center and South Chester Partnership Resource Center
For information please contact the School Readiness office at 631-5895.
Return to the Family, School and Community Partnerships page.